Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Post

A few people, including at least one very charming lady have asked me to post some more on this blog.

I really don't mind, I've certainly been remiss.

I suppose I could do a follow up on my first post on the state of the world. This will take some time and thought.

I'm currently in a job search so too much personal info is out. I've never been one to put it "all out there" anyway.

However I will put one personal thing out there.
I belong to a "lair" in a city in the Baltimore - Washington area.
Surprisingly , it's not what one would think. For instance, yesterday, we spent a significant amount of time on some "white" (as opposed to darkside) NLP techniques. Then the entire second half of the meeting was devoted to personal goals and how to acheive them via visualisation and asking probing questions of yourself. "Inner game" so to speak. Not once during the whole meeting did any man refer to women as "bitches" and there was no bitterness evinced at women. The subject of short term vs long term game was brought up in context of trying to help a new member place his ideas of a girlfriend into the context of longer term goals.

All in all a positive experience, and not what many would think a "lair" meeting woud be like if one believed in the caricature of game that many people have. Admittedly there are some bad players out there, and NLP, for instance is for the most part morally problematic. But our particular group has decided to focus on improving ourselves and our lives as men and our philosophy on women is to leave them better than when you found them.

Not a bad bunch of guys at all. I'm glad I joined this group.

4 comments:

  1. Yay you wrote a post! I've never heard of a lair - well I've heard the word - but not in the context you're referring to it. What kind of meeting is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lairs tend to go with the concept of PUA.

    In our case it is both a group to learn PUA tactics and to improve ourselves as men. It's also a very social gathering :) Occasionally there's even a woman or two there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this suspicion that interactions in lairs are one of the reasons why men enjoy Game; being in a group and talking tactics.

    I've seen your comments around, Clarence, and I very much appreciate all of them. They're feelgood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bhetti!

    Nice to have you comment here. Heh. I'd hardly call my first post on this blog "Feelgood", but yeah, I might be pessimistic about this or that, but generally when dealing with people I'm very polite and I like to share my warped sense of humor. Now, when I do disagree with you..well, I think you've seen I don't hesitate to tell you.

    And you're suspicion is partly right. Every meeting has some tactics though, as I said, they are not always about the opposite sex :) And yeah, it keeps us in each other's lives...which I think is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Followers